IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
March 27, 2014
IBM has identified important Notes/Domino SPRs to be fixed in the latest Fix Pack release, 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1. This notice serves as the Preliminary Fix List. All fixes in this Fix Pack have been selected through our Triage process of high impacting customer requested bug fixes and are currently undergoing testing. IBM reserves the right to remove any fix from this targeted release if it does not pass quality engineering tests. Please consider this information to be provisional. Do not base irreversible business decisions on this information until the Fix Pack has been officially released.
The Notes/Domino Fix List website on developerWorks will show you the status of this Fix Pack on the Upcoming Releases tab. This preliminary Release Notice will be updated to include a more descriptive explanation of the problem and fix, where applicable. Also, a link to the technote and regression information will be provided.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- NNBN9CCQXZ - Fixes issues that prevents a users from subscribing to feeds from Media Galleries
- PALT8WXPLQ - Fixes an issue in function NSFItemConvertValueToText that would return the length up until NULL and not the entire length. if a NULL character was found in the middle of a rich text field
- BJHW97BRN2 - Fixes issue when using Windows 7/8-64 bit and Internet Explorer 10 where Mailto: functionality errors with "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed properly"
- +TAIA9A52V5 - Fixes the 2AM data purge logic to no longer always expect a handle to a cluster database so that non-clustered R&R servers can now purge old entries out of busytime. This is a regression in 9.0.
- +CSYL9DG26X - Fixes issue where iCal PUBLISH events were not being converted properly by the Domino router. This conversion issue resulted in the inability for the end user to add the event to their Notes/Domino calendar. This is a regression in 9.0
- +WWHN95SM48 - Fixes Domino Server hang on shutdown when there is an abnormal termination of Mmc.Exe. This is a regression from 8.5.3 FP3
- TTAN95TLQS - Fixes issue opening an iCal invitation the error message "Database already contains a document with this UNID" (technote 1648411)
- KMUR7HNKAH - Fixes Domino Server crash on IMAP task with PANIC: OSBBlockAddr: Bad BBlock handle (7B0000) when there are a large set of documents to fetch (technote 1650301)
- WWHN972KZR - Fixes Domino Server crash with Panic: Semaphore Invalid Or Not Allocated After Recovery Manager: Log File Is Full.
- PPOR92UMM6 - Fixes issue when sending SMTP over SSL with: SSL handshake error: 1C7Bh and SSL bad peer certificate. This error occurs when an SSL implementation does not send the CA DN list during the certificate request phase. This fix allows the process to proceed. To revert to the old behavior, enable Notes.ini SSL_STRICT_V3=1. The default behavior is 0 or off.
- +VPRS99XQ3L - Fixes Domino Server Crash on Sgmlparser::terminateparse when Data URL support is enabled. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1653683)
- KHAN8L8W59 - Fixes issue that could result in a new profile document getting created in a user mail file with the server name as the owner. This would occur creating a new replica from one machine to another machine. This fix adds logic to prevent this condition and maintain the correct profile document.
- JSTN8AALGW - Fixes Domino Server Crash with FTGGetLastIndexTime/GetIndexDir that only occurs when Fast Restart is enabled (technote 1654140)
- SODY9DDBD5 - Fixes issue where IBM Domino applets will no longer work in browsers running a JVM at or beyond version 1.7u51. (technote 1662233)
- +SDOY8SSNU7 - Fixes iNotes issue with Windows 7 or Windows 8 where Send File as Attachment doesn't work when using language choice of French. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- NKEY9DCQP8 - Notes web: Fixes error when using Notes web with Firefox 26 where if multiple mail tabs are opened in Notes web, the tabs are blank and the iNotes error message "A problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail" is received. (technote 1659371)
- HPXG9A4C36 - Fixes issue in iNotes using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, where when previewing messages, user is always prompted to install iNotes Control, even though it was already installed.
- +YBJH9EWB3K - Fixes issue where on Internet Explorer Name lookup does not work if the enter key is pressed after Chinese characters are input in the To, CC, or BCC fields. This is a regression in 9.0.1
- SMAA9C9K9E - Fixes issue where after a user marks iNotes as default, a second user will not be able to mark iNotes as default (make default button is greyed out). This issue will also be seen if a user's primary mail server has changed, and the user now needs to access his mail file on a different server permanently
- +JFOR9CDSTY - Fixes issue when using Internet Explorer where opening dropdowns while composing a mail has a flash (text goes white, then shows again) in the message body area. This is a regression in 9.0.1.