IBM Domino 8.5.3 FixPack 6 available
Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 Release Notice
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 is the last scheduled Fix Pack for 8.5.3. Fix Pack development will now shift to the 9.0.1 release. 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.3 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
Platform support added in 8.5.3 FP6:
• Windows 2012 R2
• Windows 8.1
• Mac 10.9
Known issues - see Supportability Q&A about IBM Notes and OS X 10.9.x
Note: For Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), embedded Sametime 8.5.1 is not supported. Notes 8.5.3 shipped with embedded Sametime 8.5.1, so upgrading the embedded version with a Sametime Add-on will be necessary. Testing is expected to complete late December'13/early January'14 and an IBM Sametime technote will be released. This will be Sametime add-on 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1 plus an interim fix.
As of 8.5.3 FP6, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is supported as the embedded browser in Notes. IE11 is not supported with iNotes and XPages. If you need IE11 support for iNotes and XPages, please look at Domino 9.0.1 which supports IE11 with iNotes as of iNotes 9.0.1 IF1 and planned support for XPages in 9.0.1 Fixpack 1 in Q1 2013.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.3.
NOTE: The installer for Domino Interim Fixes (hotfixes) built 9 July 2012 or later requires a Perl 5.6.0 or later distribution on Unix & Linux platforms. For details, see technote 1600910.
For download options see technote 4032242 - "Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible. We encourage customers to evaluate Notes / Domino 9.0 Social Edition and the 9.0.1 release.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Cumulative Client Hotfixes."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.3 but did not exist in 8.5.2 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #ABCDEFGHIJ (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, please visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# TSHI8SD538(LO68047) - Fixed an intermittent Notes client crash when opening a corrupted Notes document.
- SPR# ACHG8STC6T(LO68380) - Fixes intermittent Notes Client crash when the user hits "send" on a large email (also the email is lost).
- SPR# MCHZ8R4HPK(LO67040) - "Search Directory For" results in Typeahead are displayed in Alphabetical Order. (technote 1580001)
- SPR# KBRN8Q6JXC(LO71360) - Performance and reliability fix to network session code. Prior to this fix, many users accessing a Domino server simultaneously could cause a performance bottleneck resulting in slow server response or timeouts attempting to connect to the server. The error 'Unable to redirect failover from <SERVERNAME>' could also appear where SERVERNAME is the same name of the server encountering the issue.
- SPR# JPAI94HR3N(LO75003) - Fixes potential deadlock on process startup between LkMgr locker and semaphore locker(Directory manager queue semaphore). (technote 1644240)
- SPR# MYAA8LV385(LO64012) - Fixes an issue where an incorrect warning for a database over quota threshold could be generated.
- +SPR# RMAA94WKMG(LO73956) - Fixes intermittent Domino Server crash when closing a database. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2. (technote 1644232)
- SPR# VPRS8YBRZ6(LO71728) - Fixes Domino Server mail relay host crash on router on Jonah::asn_sorted::encode_value
- +SPR# AJMO8NVM8F(LO66491) - Prevent Directory Assistance on Domino 64-bit servers from doing unnecessary search references and referrals which were leading to "81" LDAP timeout errors. This regression was introduced in 8.5.
- SPR# JPMS8KZLLC(LO63217) - Fixes Domino Server crash during database cache maintenance with PANIC: ERROR - LockMemHandle() Handle 0xF0259F47 is not allocated
- SPR# PPET98CPBN(LO7562) - Security enhancement to scrub query strings causing search to fail; work around is to add the following notes.ini: HTTP_QUERY_STRING_SCRUB=0. This fix changes the default to be off instead of being on and adds new code to prevent security X-Site script attacks against search urls.
- SPR# AJAS8WSB9B(LO70861) - Prior to this fix multiple "Received" headers could be overwritten by one when retrieving e-Mails with IMAP client.
- SPR# KHAN87ZUTS(LO55991) - Prevents excessive InsertPermutations recursion that can lead to a Domino Server crash. The new notes.ini variable MAX_PERMUTE_RECURSE=<number>, where <number> limits the number of hierarchical responses that can be added to a given collection, is recommended to be set to 200. (technote 1600317)
- +SPR# PHEY8UDJYW(LO65911) - Fixes ACL corruption with: "ACL Corrupt in database <Database_Name> creating new ACL with default set to no access". Now we block unintended deletion of ACL Note that would leave to a DB set to no access. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3.
- SPR# WRAY8QKLTQ(LO66604) - Fixed issue where when opening messages in iNotes Ultra Light Mode, that have mixed case mail file names specified in the URL, the mail message fails to open.
- SPR# KRAU8Y2MX6(LO71593) - Fixes issue where the iNotes UI window shrinks to a small size when the iNotes UI is resized several times.
- SPR# HKOA7T4DN5(LO49113) - Notes web: Fixed an issue where the web browser could hang if a window is resized to or from a very small size.
- SPR# PTHN96NRTP(LO45468) - Notes web: Fixed an issue where the unread count on a folder is not updated automatically when new messages were transferred into it via a mail rule. Clicking on the folder or using F5 to refresh would update the count.
- +SPR# HSKM8TN39T(LO68949) - Fixed problem which caused a custom sized table to be inserted in the wrong place in the Rich Text Editor. This is a regression in 8.5.3.